I will now consider the future potential of TRON, which I introduced last time.
One thing that cannot be dismissed when thinking about the future of TRON is the existence of a “roadmap”.
This roadmap is a widely circulated image sent out by the official TRON website in 2017, but is currently not available from the site.
The image here shows all six phases.
- Exodus [August 2017 – December 2018]
- Odyssey [January 2019 – June 2020]
- Great Voyage [July 2020 – July 2021]
- Apollo [August 2021 – March 2023]
- Star Trek [April 2023 – September 2025]
- Eternity [April 2023 – September 2025]
On TRON’s old website, all platforms in the TRON network were eventually scheduled to go live in 2025.
At TRON’s recent NiTROn 2019 event, TRON developer Justin Sun spoke about the future of TRON and BitTorrent and his vision for 2019.
Some of the main goals he set in his speech in this video include
- Improve the performance of the TRON blockchain
- Introduce proof of knowledge to make the network more secure and guarantee privacy
- Making TRX tradable on mainstream exchanges with major flats
- Facilitate mass adoption of the blockchain
- TRON will invest in the Dapp community to provide the project with access to exchange liquidity, infrastructure, marketing exposure, and other forms of support.
- TRON will open more offices around the world.
The TRON website states that the future of the project includes the development of an ecosystem so that everyone can benefit from it.
The introduction to the white paper also describes the ecosystem as follows
The July 2018 acquisition of BitTorrent further cemented TRON’s leadership in pursuing a decentralized ecosystem.TRON Whitepaper Version: 2.0
TRON says that anyone who supports the prosperity and building of the TRON ecosystem, whether as a user or a developer, will be rewarded for their commitment.
Based on the above, I personally feel that TRON has a more active project than other altcoins.
I will continue to keep an eye on TRON’s movements.